With reference U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, hand injuries are the second most cases of work-related injury. However, only the few brands able to made a quality gloves consisted with protection and functional aspects.
In 2016, PIG announce the new model- FDT Alpha gloves, This model is developed with abundant forethought in both the construction and design aspects. It features touch screen conductive synthetic suede on the index finger and thumb. This latest and greatest conductive textile increase the dexterity and sensitivity abilities. Apart from this , this gloves offers much-needed protection and suit any tactical environment. This unique design bring the key features that we never seen in tactical glove before.
When we first received the gloves, the soft and lightweight feel of the materials are noticeable . The main material, Clarino (40%), is a lightweight, durable, soft and flexible fabric , this fabric is well known of ease of cleaning, comfort, and breathability. It may be more tighter than other brand hand gloves. The gloves fit well and felt comfortable. Surprisingly, the FDT Alpha Touch gloves are adopt to fit finger length.
The joint position of the finger is made of double nylon and elastic fabric. This key design is also one of FDT Alpha glove fame selling point.
A flexible, stretchy cushion CORDURA 1000D wrapped pad is used to reduce the chance of injury. It is not afraid of any collision and finger joints hurt.
The low profile hook and loop closure are very high resistant to snags on other clothing, but still secure enough to stay closed. I didn get to shoot with the gloves until after a week of testing, but I must say that the more you wear these gloves the quicker they start to become like a second skin. The venting located in the palm and underside of each finger works really well. It minimizes sweat and allows your hands to breathe, yet still manages to keep a minimal amount of heat in and provide excellent wind blocking ability.
- Conductive thumb and trigger finger material- maximum reliability for touchscreen use without losing tactile dexterity.
- Single-layer Multi-Piece Palm- Specifically designed for one layer of material contacts your shooting grip.
- The thinnest material- Clarino covers trigger finger for ultimate sensitivity, its offers sensitized and isolated trigger finger
- Selective Forschette Material - Inside forschettes are ventilated for maximum wicking. Outer forschettes are Clarinofor durability.
- *Low Profile Hook Closure - Reduces abrasion on clothing.
- *Flex Joints - Enhanced flexibility and ventilation on each finger.
- *Dual Flex Joint Trigger Finger - Providing maximum flexibility where you need it most.
- Bar-Tacked Para Cord Pull Loop... YES, NOW BAR-TACKED..
- Short Cuff - Lightweight comfort and convenience.
- Micro Suede Nose Wipe - Fights against cold-weather drip.
- Ventilation holes in Palms and Fingers - Increased wicking.
- Isolated Edge Padding - Protection without compromising the shooting grip.
- Wrap-Over Finger Tips - Provides additional comfort and protection for finger nails.
- Stretch Ballistic Nylon 1000D Padded Knuckles - Stretch ballistic nylon reduces pressure on the seams, thin padding takes the edge off of impacts.
Multi-material Nomex and leather construction
Ultra thin 100% sheep leather trigger finger
Incredibly sensitive single layer 100% goat leather palm
Wider touchscreen compatible thread stitching on index finger and thumb
Flame resistant logo stamping
Lower profile velcro minimizing abrasion on gear
Finger, palm and cuff fit modifications for heightened dexterity